Bramari literally means to turn. The fifth Bramari adavu that we practise in the Raadha Kalpa method introduces full turns while changing the technique of the turn.
The arm movement is like the first Bramari Adavu, and the leg movement incorporates a swivel.
This Adavu is usually not done in very high speeds as there is no time to enjoy the full movement of the turn. In the end of the video you will see it done at a higher speed and you will see that the Adavu itself changes to accommodate the speed.
Things to keep in mind:
- Do not practise the higher speed at the end, it is shown only as an example of how the movement changes.
- The placing down of the lifted foot and the turn happen simultaneously.
- Stretch arms completely each time
- Coordinate the turn and use the momentum from the core
- Try to finish a moment before the beat and find stillness between turns